Your username should be your lunch firstname.lastname@example.org. For example: email@example.com.
Your password should be your lunchnumber+Lastname. Your first name is capitalized. For example: 1234Gonzales or 1234Smith.
Fill out this form. It will automatically create a work ticket so we can fix it.
When printing to the library printer, please remember to only print school-related and school-appropriate files.
Following the steps below will let you print from your school Google account. You may print from a Chromebook or an Apple Device using a Chrome browser with the Google Docs apps. Remember, students still need a pass and to check in at the library when picking up your copies.
For video directions: Youtube
1. Get the printer invitation link from Ms. Perez. You can email her or go to the library. Mrs. Scott can also help you.
2. When you get on the invitation, click on the link.
3. Click on "Add Printer."
4. When you print, make sure to pick the Library Copier.
If a student you know did not receive this email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, class (freshmen, sophomore, junior, senior) and so we can add them to the appropriate mailing list.
In order to check out a device, (1) your parents must agree at enrollment and (2) you must sign an agreement in the library.
You may checkout a Chromebook or an iPad from the library. All devices come with a charger. Checkout is for 30 days; you may renew the device as long as you bring it to the library so we can physically check on it. Overdue devices will be locked.
We currently use 2 list: Granger and Standard. Both are listed below. When you request an iPad, we will need to know which list you would like to use.
A few of you have had students use the email@example.com to receive assistance with their Infinite Campus login. Thank you. This allows us to assist them and also track the issues facing you and our students better. I do ask a few favors of you.
1. If you have a student submit a helpdesk ticket for Infinite Campus, have them use their school email account. That is the one that should be associated with their IC account.
2. Have them cc you in the email. This will help them in the long run. A few of them have requested help, but do not read the followup email with the instructions. If you have them cc you, you will also get the followup email to reference and eliminate any excuses they might try to use.
3. Please have them include their name and what they are having trouble with as part of the email body. There are a few that don't put their name in the email and some of them names do not show up as part of their email address. This adds a few extra steps when we try to assist them because we need to look up their name before we are able to work on their problem.
Via Mr. Bengs, IT Director